ProMelt Mag - Magnesium Chloride Liquid Ice Melt
ProMelt Mag is a high performance magnesium chloride liquid that delivers a strong residual effect on road surfaces, improving melting on road surfaces and results in long lasting performance. This three-in-one liquid de-icing product will save you time, money and most importantly deliver proven results and safer roads.
Features and Benefits
ProMelt Mag is a premium liquid de-icer that is economical and an environmentally effective way to keep your roads safer
- Versatile liquid that can be used to anti-ice, de-ice and pre-wet
- Salt pre-wetted with ProMelt Mag works at lower temperatures than traditional dry salt.
- Reduces bounce and scatter and salt application rates, which saves time, labour, fuel and materials
- Meets the stringent requirements of the PNS (Pacific Northwest Snowfighters) for corrosion, toxicity and performance.
- Better for the environment – our magnesium chloride is approved for organic production as a crop fertilizer and soil amendment by OMRI in the US and Canada.
Comparative Effective Temperatures During Dilution
Metal Corrosion Tendency
De-Icing Fluid PNS
Relative Corrosion Rate
Distilled Water 0 ProMelt Mag 25.2 Magnesium Chloride 80 Rock Salt (NaCI) 100 Calcium Chloride 30 % 121
Typical Product Application Rates*
ProMelt Mag is specifically designed for anti-icing, direct application de-icing, frost prevention and prewetting of solids. Typical liquid application guidelines are:
Application rates of 40 - 70 litres per lane kilometre are typical. Up to 90 litres per lane kilometre should be considered the maximum in any anti-icing situation.
Direct Liquid Application De-Icing
Application rates of 90 - 100 litres per lane kilometre.
Application rates of 20 - 40 litres per lane kilometre are standard. These rates can vary depending on storm conditions and service level goals.
Application rates from 20 - 60 litres per tonne of substrate, depending upon the solid used and the performance objective.
Available in 22 %, 26 % and 30 % concentrations.
*Application rates are just guidelines. The end user is recommended to adjust application rates based on weather conditions, level of service goals and experience. The guidelines presented are made without guarantee, warranty or responsibility of any kind on our part.
- Additional Information
Item Color N/A Item Size N/A
- Reviews (0)